Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DIY Easter Basket {Cute & Simple}

One man's trash is another man's treasure. . .


Between my three little guys, we have a total of 10 magnificent teachers!  I love ALL of them, and I wish I could buy them a new car or a weekend vacation to Vegas.  However, that is pretty much impossible.  So I find other simple, less expensive ways to show my love and appreciation.  This is one of my favorite little gifts of the year.  It costs about $2.50 per teacher, and it's SO fast.  I don't have too much extra time on my hands these days so quick, easy, and inexpensive is my kind of project!

You'll need:  empty cans, duck tape, twine, and a drill




We don't normally have tons of empty cans around because most of the time I like to cook with fresh or frozen veggies, but when I make chili or soup we end up with tons of extra cans.  Save your cans!  You can use them in SO many ways.  This is just one way to upcycle them!  I am not opposed to buying gift bags, wrapping paper, or nice gift tins.  I just love the cute look and simplicity of using cans, especially when I need 10 of something!  All you have to do is clean out the cans, tear off the label, wrap it in the duck tape of your choice, add filling (grass,  tissue paper, or even newspaper), drill holes, and add twine.  Fill it up with favorite candy or treats, and there you have it!  I attached a simple note to our gifts that said, "to one of our favorite CHICKS."



1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute gift idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips