He drew these plans. . .
Calculated how much wood he needed. . .
Measured, cut, drilled, and nailed. . .
This is the base.
. . .and ended up with something like this!
This wasn't the finished product-don't worry! He added stair rails and finished the railing on the sides-can't have kiddos falling out of the loft while reading! I left early this morning to go to a professional development workshop so I didn't take any pics of the loft when it was complete. This one was made for a new kinder friend of mine. . .Jennifer I hope you're kinder sweeties love reading in this!
Of course this job couldn't have been completed without the help of two additional handy men. . .
a little bit quite a bit of time spent taking a rest on the bricks due to throwing wood chips and getting into stuff that was "off limits."
Look at Christian's mad face. . .
He was not happy about taking a rest break at all! We had to find him a special job to keep him occupied and out of all those wood chips! Despite my efforts to keep him somewhat clean. . .he was covered in saw dust by the time we went back inside!
Next up. . .construction on my new loft! Also I've received many e-mails wondering about the Promethean Board shower curtain cover. I'll post a step by step "how-to" post soon-be on the lookout!