Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Celebration Time

This afternoon we worked on some activities that gave me goosebumps!  

First we wrote a "how-to" about making an ice cream sundae. I used one of the pages that Mrs. Walksy created.  Take a look at her post about directions.  Thank you Mrs. Walsky for this wonderful resource.






Then the students added toppings to their ice cream and went to the whole group meeting area.  We used the sundae's to celebrate Dr. King's birthday.



  The class was sitting so quietly as I read "Happy Birthday Martin Luther King."  I know it was partially because they were eating ice cream, but I it was also because they were so engaged and interested in the text.  



After we finished the book, we discussed things that we've learned about Dr. King, and I was blown away by many of the responses.  I am so proud of each one of my first grade students!

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, your site is amazing! I have been recently introduced to the wonders of teacher blogging and I am blown away! I will definitely be looking through your archives!

    I've even started a little blog of my own on first grade teaching.
    Check out my unit on Arctic animals.

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ~*~Ash~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Brooke!!! Thanks for the compliments! I LOVE YOUR STUFF MORE!!! Heee Heee....

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips