Monday, May 30, 2011

Silly Rabbit. . . Books are for Kids

Today we kicked off the last week of school with a "reading marathon."  Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we ate a little bit of cereal.  



Then we read, 

 read, 

read,

and read a little more!

 The students brought a favorite book, a stuffed animal, and their slippers.  
I wore my monkey slippers today, and even Yoda joined us!  The students loved switching books and discussing their favorite parts while they sat in the "reading marathon circle."  

 
   
 





 We took a break to create a new class book:  "Silly Rabbit...Books Are For Kids!"
 






 
 
  In case you're wondering why we were here at school on Memorial Day, it's because of all of the ice/snow mixture that we got during the first week of February!  Please excuse the mess and clutter you see in the background...I am in the process of preparing the room for summer!  

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! My student's last day was Friday...but I'm filing this away for next year. Thanks for sharing.
    Ms. A
    Oceans of First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEAT NEAT NEAT! LOVE LOVE LOVE! We have a snuggle and read day K-5 in February! However, I LOVE the idea of a end of the year reading Marathon!! Sooo fun!
    Ugh for school on Memorial Monday!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Sarah Hetrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW school on Memorial day. Did you have a lot of students not come to school? Lots going on today at Peterson's primary Peeps. Last day for the give away of flower clips that can be used for all different things. Plus some new games posted and caterpillar projects. Come on over to http://petersonsprimarypeeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/08/2011

    AWESOME!! Love this idea- I can't imagine all of my students sitting quietly doing this like your kids! Although, this group has been super talkative all year.

    Thanks for this idea- I hope I can remember it :-)
    Primary Connections

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs
Blogging tips